Resend mass mailings
A frequent need for users of mass mailings is to resend one mailing that has already been sent in the past to new recipients that haven't received yet that mail. But the problem is to know which are the applicable ones.
Odoo already includes a method in its mass mailing logic that avoids to resend the same mail 2 times for one mass mailing, and for v9, there was a trick that allows to modify the state of a mass mailing from kanban view, covering the need.
But now on v10 both status bar in form view and dragging between states in kanban are not allowed.
This module introduces a button to restart a mass mailing to draft state, allowing you to reevaluate the sending domain or list for performing again the mailing.
- Go to Mass mailing > Mailings > Mass Mailings.
- Click on one record that is done or create a new one and send it.
- You will see a button called "Resend".
- If you click on it, mass mailing will be set to Draft again.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Add an indicator / filter for knowing resent mailings.
- Include information on the number of new recipients to be sent on the resending (through get_remaining_recipients method).
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.