POS Backend Communication
Communicate with the backend from point of sale.
Common use case:
- a click on a button on the pos opens the backend in a popup to a specific view.
- a click on a button on the backend's view send to pos some interesting data.
pos_backend_partner: select a pos customer from the backend
No configuration is needed.
The POS communicate with subpages (popups) with window.open and window.postMessage.
Popups are in not-so-old browsers opened in tabs.
When a backend page is open, a class is set on body to hide menus.
- Improve origin verificiation
- Try to use frames instead of popups
- Use notifications for supported browsers
- It doesn't work offline.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smash it by providing detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
The development of this module has been financially supported by:
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.