|Read description for||v 9.0 v 8.0|
Inventory Management (stock)
• Invoicing (account)
Stock Inventory Account Manual Adjustment
This module shows in the product inventory stock value and the accounting value, and allows to create accounting adjustment entries to align the accounting value to match with the inventory stock value.
Table of contents
Assign the group ‘Stock Valuation Account Manual Adjustments’ to the users that should be allowed to list the valuation discrepancies and to reconcile them.
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to ‘Inventory / Inventory Control / Perpetual Inventory Valuation’
- Filter using the filter ‘Valuation Discrepancy’ which filters out products with no Valuation Discrepancy.
- Select the products that you wish to reconcile and press ‘Action / Adjust Stock Valuation Account Discrepancies’.
- You can provide Valuation Increase/Decrease Contra-Account. Otherwise the application will attempt to use the ones defined in the product category. Note that when the adjustment implies an increase of the valuation of your inventory (thus a debit), the account ‘Valuation Increase Contra-Account’) will be used in the credit side of the journal entry. And when the inventory valuation is going to decrease (credit), the account ‘Valuation Decrease Contra-Account’ will be used in the debit side of the journal entry. Typically the ‘Valuation Increase Contra-Account’ will be of type ‘Equity’ and ‘Valuation Decrease Contra-Account’ will be of type ‘Expense’.
- In order to properly manage the inventory valuation from an accounting perspective all journal items created for inventory accounts should include the product.
- The price change function of Odoo creates journal entries to the inventory account without specifying the product. This is bad because you lose the ability to control the inventory valuation from accounting at the level of the product. In order to fix this, use the module ‘stock_inventory_revaluation’, to be found in the same OCA repository.
Points to be considered by contributors for future improvements are:
- This module does not support multi-company environments currently.
- Obtaining the valuation by product is currently mainly done by raw SQL queries. This could be improved to take advantage of ORM methods (like read_group)
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/stock-logistics-warehouse project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating.
- This author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.