Odoo Automatic Database Backups
Manage automatic backup rules
Backup only database or database and all files
Backup to selected folder or to remote server via FTP or SFTP
Backup to your Dropbox cloud storage
Backup to your Google Drive
Backup to Amazon S3
Easy settings visible only to Administrators
(Requires active developer mode)
Chatter and detailed e-mail messages support
- Backup database or database and files
- Backup types: local folder, FTP, SFTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3
- Chatter with information about all created backups
- Mail messages: success backups, failed backups (with cause), deleted old backups
- Possibility to delete old backups
- Easy settings
- Backup via SFTP requires additional python package: pysftp
- Backup via Dropbox requires additional python package: dropbox
- Backup via Google Drive requires additional python package: pydrive
- Backup via Amazon S3 requires additional python package: boto3
- Email me for test server!
Contact / Support
For support / details / suggestions / questions please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am also creating custom modules.
- Rewrite part of the code. Removed calling tell() method because it is causing problems for some users.
- Fix issue with to small backups and dropbox
- Added support for big backups over Dropbox
- Moved changelog from manifest.py to changelog.rst and description
- Removed decorator from dump_db method
- Added possibility to create backup with list_db = False option
- Use the same method for Google Drive database and filestore backups
- Fixed issue with Google Drive database only backup
- Added Amazon S3 backup option
- Fixed compatibility issue with Google Drive and Windows
- Fixed typo in code
- Changed name of the module
- Added support for custom Google Drive backup path
- Updated ir.model search to new version
- Added SFTP backup option
- Storing flow/auth files in Odoo filestore instead of database or Odoo folder
- Updated to Dropbox API v2
- Removed testing information
- Added testing information
- Specified required Dropbox python package version, compatibility issues with the newest one
- Fixed: Error with finding date of existing backups
- Fixed: writing args to other cron jobs
- Added Google Drive backup option
- Added option to change backup filename
- Fixed cron argument in Odoo 8
- Support for Dropbox Python Package v7.3.0
- Better filename validation
- Showing inactive backup rules
- Fixed bug with creating FTP backup on Windows
- Fixed bug with creating backup on Windows
- Windows-friendly backups
- Added Dropbox backup option
- Fixed bug - ignoring delete_old_backups False flag
- Initial release
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.
I have add dropbox api2. =========================== The module not working with Dropbox, it has an invalid key and secret. I have replace with my own keys and connect. But It continue not working because is only for smaill backups files, it don't use dropbox api2. I have write to the developper and don't reply and I have solved this problems but is a module with bugs. Don't pay for this module. Acysos (email@example.com). Odoo Partner: https://www.odoo.com/partners/acysos-s-l-80090?country_id=67
Use new version, both issues are fixed since 2019-01-06. Already responded to this comment below.
great software , all work and great support. Testing in googledrive y sftp Thanks
App has been approved by Dropbox
Creating Dropbox backups is now possible.
Ignacio Ibeas - You did not give me enough time to reply, creating Odoo modules is not my only job. I try to respond as soon as possible but sometimes i have other projects to work on. 1. "The module not working with Dropbox, it has an invalid key and secret." Module is currently waiting for production validation from Dropbox, it just reached limit of 50 users. 2. "is only for smaill backups files" This issue is already fixed. 3. "it don't use dropbox api2" It does use Dropbox API 2, it is not possible to use old API.
Not working with dropbox
The module not working with Dropbox, it has an invalid key and secret. I have replace with my own keys and connect. But It continue not working because is only for smaill backups files, it don't use dropbox api2. I have write to the developper and don't reply and I have solved this problems but is a module with bugs. Don't pay for this modulo. Acysos (firstname.lastname@example.org). Odoo Partner: https://www.odoo.com/partners/acysos-s-l-80090?country_id=67
I like to buy your product
dear Vendor, Kindly i need to buy your product but before that i need to make sure that you are going to do all the required support that allow me to manage your product installation Thanks Husam
Sorry i did not see your message. You need to place the module folder inside odoo addons folder and restart odoo server, than simply install module from apps page. From Odoo store FAQ: You need to copy paste the module that is inside the zip file to your addons folder. If you are installing the module into an existing database, you need to enable the Technical Features to click on Settings > Update Modules List. Your new module will now appear in the list of modules that you can install.
how with this?
Error while importing module 'automatic_backup': 'automatic.backup\n\n/tmp/tmps4xundjf/automatic_backup/data/data.xml\n5'