NL Tax Invoice Basis (Factuurstelsel)
In the Netherlands, two types of accounting systems are allowed:
By installing this module, you have the option to adopt the Factuurstelsel system for your Company in Odoo. It means that, when validating an invoice, the system uses the invoice date instead of accounting date to determine the date of the move line for tax lines. See https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/connect/bldcontentnl/belastingdienst/zakelijk/btw/btw_aangifte_doen_en_betalen/bereken_het_bedrag/hoe_berekent_u_het_btw_bedrag/factuurstelsel
Without this module installed for example, when you use an accounting date with vendor invoices, the Generic TAX reports and the Aangifte omzetbelasting show the VAT in the wrong period/date. So this module is meant to fill the gap between the standard Odoo way and the Factuurstelsel system, commonly used in the Netherlands.
The Kasstelsel system instead is provided by the standard Odoo module account_tax_cash_basis. Find more information about the kasstelsel system in: https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/connect/bldcontentnl/belastingdienst/zakelijk/btw/btw_aangifte_doen_en_betalen/bereken_het_bedrag/hoe_berekent_u_het_btw_bedrag/kasstelsel/kasstelsel
Table of contents
Install this module if you want to enable the Factuurstelsel system for your Company.
If you want to adopt the Kasstelsel system instead, consider to install the standard Odoo module account_tax_cash_basis.
To enable the factuurstelsel, you need to:
- Open your Company form and set its Country to Netherlands.
- Go to Invoicing -> Configuration -> Settings, enable NL Tax Invoice Basis (Factuurstelsel) and Apply.
In a multi-company environment, repeat the above steps for all the companies for which you want to enable the factuurstelsel.
As an example, a use case of this module could be:
- Create a Vendor Bill (Purchase Invoice) and set Accounting Date in a period different than the one of the invoice date (for example, the invoice date = 14-aug and the accounting date = 14-jul).
- Generate your VAT statement report, it will be computed according to the factuurstelsel.
- This module extends the OCA module account_tax_balance: only the TAX reports made with modules depending on account_tax_balance will comply with Factuurstelsel. Standard Odoo TAX reports are actually not compliant with Factuurstelsel.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/l10n-netherlands project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating.
- This author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.