Dynamic Mass Mailing Lists
Without this addon you have to choose between providing a dynamic domain and letting your mass mailings reach all partners that match it.
This addon allows you to create dynamic mailing lists, so you can now benefit from both things.
Table of contents
To create a dynamic mailing list, you need to:
- Go to Email Marketing > Configuration > Settings
- Check Mass Mailing Campaigns.
- Go to Email Marketing > Mailing List > Mailing List
- Check the Dynamic box.
- Choose a Sync method:
- Leave empty to use as a manual mailing list, the normal behavior.
- Only add new records to make sure no records disappear from the list when partners stop matching the Synchronization critera.
- Add and remove records as needed to make the list be fully synchronized with the Synchronization critera, even if that means removing contacts from it.
- Define a Synchronization criteria that will be used to match the partners that should go into the list as contacts. Only partners with emails will be selected.
You can also load an existing filter over contacts:
- Click on “Load filter” button below criteria.
- Select one of the existing filters.
- Click on “Load filter” and you will have that filter as criteria.
To use this module, you need to:
- Go to Email Marketing > Mailings, and create one.
- Select as recipients a mailing list.
- On “Select mailing lists:”, choose one mailing list with dynamic flag checked.
- Before sending the mass mailing, the list will be synced for having latest changes.
When you hit the Sync now button or send a mass mailing to this list, its contacts will be automatically updated.
Pay attention to the messages shown to you that tell you about some non-obvious behaviour you could experience if you edit manually contacts from a dynamic list.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/social project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.