Odoo Direct Print PROby VentorTech https://ventor.tech
• Invoicing (account)
• Purchase (purchase)
• Sales (sale_management)
|Also available in version||v 15.0 v 14.0 v 13.0 v 11.0 v 10.0|
Odoo Direct Print (Printnode)
Print any report or shipping labels directly to any remote or local (USB, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) printer, without downloading PDF or ZPL!
The app connects Odoo to your Direct Print account and links all configured printers.
Each printer can be configured per user. This method allows you to print much faster as compared to the default Odoo printing method. Now you can print packing slips (PDF) on your regular A4 printer and shipping labels (ZPL) on any thermal Zebra printer, all at the same time. You can also configure automatic print while calling some action, for example, print a SO right after clicking the "Validate" button.
TEST THE MODULE ON OUR DEMO SERVER - https://odoo.ventor.tech/
Our Demo server is recreated every day at 12.00 AM (UTC). So all your manually entered data will be deleted.
- Works with both Odoo Community and Enterprise (self-hosted or odoo.sh)
- Prints different document types (ZPL, PDF) on different printers without downloading files
- Automatic printing of Shipping Labels after Delivery Order validation (fully compatible with Ventor App).
- Smart validation prohibits printing documents on unsupported printers, for example, A4 on A6 printers or PDF on ZPL printers
- Support of USB, Ethernet, WiFi, and Bluetooth printers; any format and manufacturer
- Flexible automatic printing configuration (for example, print a Sales Order PDF automatically after clicking on the "Confirm" button)
- All kinds of reports (Sales orders, Delivery sleeps, Shipping labels, Product labels, etc.) and paper sizes
- Manage access rights and configure each printer individually per user
- We can customize the app on demand based on your requirements
Configure individual format for every report (needed for smart validation).
Define formats supported by Printers.
Assign default printer for any user for automatic printing.
And set up additional user rules to print a certain document on a particular printer.
Configure action buttons to trigger automatic printing, for example, print a Packing slip after clicking to "Validate" the transfer.
Print Shipping Labels manually or automatically for Odoo Enterprise included Delivery Carries (FedEx, USPS, UPS, bpost and etc.). Also supporting all custom carrier integration modules for Odoo Community that are written according to Odoo Standards. And assign different label printers for every packing station (user). Watch the video >
If your vendor supplies products with missed product labels (barcodes), you can easily print them during receiving in your warehouse (in any Stock Picking object). Or print them via the Products and Product variants menus. Including mass printing.
Define paper formats (needed for smart validation).
Manage access rights.
TEST THE MODULE ON OUR DEMO SERVER - https://odoo.ventor.tech/VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Odoo POS support
Due to the design of the POS in Odoo (it is designed to work offline and receipts are generated on frontend and not backend), this module is not supporting printing for POS yet. We will develop a separate module soon.
Bugs, features request
If you have questions, need any help or have a customizations request, please contact us at email@example.com.
We also can set up and configure printers and required print actions in your company on demand.
We have created special page with answers to all typical questions we were getting from our customers. It is available here: https://print.ventor.tech/faq
There you can find answers to questions like (1) Are there any additional costs associated with module? (2) How to update the module when new version is released? (3) What is the difference from the IoT Box? and many others
Installation and Configuration
The installation module requires the following knowledge:
- How to install a module on your Odoo Instance (self-hosted or odoo.sh)
- How to install Direct Print Client software (Linux based systems installation will require CUPS knowledge)
Module installation and configuration are not included in the module's price. Refer to the "Documentation" tab in the current module for installation details.
If you need help, you can request paid support via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our Ventor mobile app for barcode scanners here (https://ventor.tech/ventor-mobile-app-for-odoo-inventory/).
* For environmental considerations, please consider printing only necessary paper documents.
Odoo Direct Print module
We moved our documentation to the https://print.ventor.tech/docs
Please, follow above link for up-to-date doc.
- 2.1.5 (2021-12-31)
- Improve scenario "Print Picking Document after Sales Order Confirmation" to print only Ready Picking
- Add "Printed/Not Printed" filters to supported models
- Fix synchronization with DPC/PrintNode: update computer or printer names when they changed
- Fix printing multiple ZPL labels: it only printed the first label from all labels
- Add Rate Us link to status menu
- 2.1.4 (2021-12-01)
- Fixed issue with access rights for "ir.model" model
- 2.1.3 (2021-11-24)
- Fixed compatibility with OCA report_xlsx module
- Added standard Odoo icon to all company specific options
- Fixed error when save settings with empty API Key
- Added special method to print attachments from the Ventor app
- Added new demo scenario to print report for all outgoing transfers (after validation)
- Added auto disable the "Print Package just after Shipping Label" setting with warning if the user disables the "Packages" setting
- Added notifications about new releases
- 2.1.2 (2021-10-07)
- Removed redundant report to print Pricelist from Product Label Print wizard
- 2.1.1 (2021-10-04)
- Added Print Scenario to print Invoice document after it is Validated (Posted)
- 2.1.0 (2021-09-24)
- Added Scales integration during 'Put In Pack' action on Delivery Order (to send proper weight to Carrier)
- Improved compatability with Odoo Native Mobile App
- (Beta) Added Support for py3o (OCA module) generated reports (ONLY PDF)
- 2.0.1 (2021-09-17)
- Fixed issue with auto-printing of the complex reports (e.g. POS Sales Reports)
- 2.0.0 (2021-09-13)
- Add support of Direct Print Client platform
- 1.9.4 (2021-09-02)
- Fix issue with SO and PO not returning actions on Confirmation
- 1.9.3 (2021-08-23)
- Added "Print Scenario" to print document after Purchase order confirmation
- Added "Print Scenario" to print "Receipt Document" after Purchase Order Validation
- 1.9.2 (2021-08-13)
- Added possibility to exclude particular report from printing in "Print Settings"
- 1.9.1 (2021-07-29)
- Fixed error in module installation with other modules that are changing user's form view
- Fixed regression issue with impossibility to quick print product label via wizard
- Fixed issue with debug mode not properly working
- 1.9.0 (2021-07-27)
- Download Printer Bins Information (Paper Trays).
- Allow to define Printer Bin (Tray) to be used in all places (Print Actions, Print Scenarios, User Rules)
- When deleting account - delete all related objects (Computers, Printers, Print Jobs, User Rules, Printer Bins)
- 1.8.1 (2021-07-20)
- Switching off "Print via Printnode" on user or company also should switch off auto-printing of shipping label on DO Validation
- 1.8.0 (2021-07-14)
- Added possibility to print Package Document together with the Shipping Label
- Added Print Scenario to Print all Packages after Transfer Validation
- 1.7.3 (2021-07-13)
- Fix issue with auto-test for purchase order flow and user access rights
- 1.7.2 (2021-07-08)
- Fix issue with printing multiple documents using scenarios with the same action
- 1.7.1 (2021-06-30)
- Fix issue with automatic Shipping Label printing from attachments via "Print Last Shipping Label" button on Delivery Order
- Adding possibility to enable debug logging on the account to log requests that are sent to PrintNode (needed to communicate with support)
- 1.7 (2021-06-14)
- When automatic printing is enabled in User Preferences, display near "Print" menu new dropdown "Download" that will allow to Download reports as in Odoo standard.
- 1.6.3 (2021-06-08)
- Method _create_backorder() must return a recordset like the original method does, so that other modules could extend it as well.
- 1.6.2 (2021-06-05)
- Fixed issue with download of printers when there is big amount of printers in Printnode account.
- When deleting account also delete inactive computers and printers
- 1.6.1 (2021-05-31)
- Fixed issue that makes module incompatible with modules redefining Controller for report download (e.g. report_xlsx).
- 1.6 (2021-04-16)
- Added possibility to define Universal Print Attachments Wizard for any model in the Odoo.
- (Experimental) Added settings to allow auto-printing of shipping labels from attachments. To support shipping carriers implemented not according to Odoo standards.
- Fix printing error when sending to PrintNode many documents at the same time.
- 1.5.2 (2021-03-26)
- Added print scenarios to print "Lot labels" or "Product Labels" in real time when receiving items. It allows either to print single label (to stick on box) OR multiple labels equal to quantity of received items
- 1.5.1 (2021-03-13)
- Fixed an issue with Report Download controller interruption
- Fixed an issue with printing document with scenarios for different report model
- 1.5 (2021-02-25)
- Removed warning with Unit tests when installing module on Odoo.sh.
- Added new scenario: print product labels for validated transfers.
- Added new scenario: print picking document after sale order confirmation.
- 1.4.2 (2021-01-13)
- Added possibility to view the number of prints consumed from the printnode account (experimental).
- 1.4.1 (2021-01-12)
- Updating the "printed" flag on stock.picking model after Print Scenario execution.
- 1.4 (2020-12-21)
- Added possibility to define number of copies to be printed in "Print Action Button" menu.
- Added Print Scenarios which allows to print reports on pre-programmed actions.
- 1.3.1 (2020-11-10)
- Added constraints not to allow creation of not valid "Print Action Buttons" and "Methods".
- On product label printing wizard pre-select printer in case only 1 suitable was found.
- 1.3 (2020-10-09)
- Added possibility to print product labels while processing Incoming Shipment into your Warehouse. Also you can mass print product labels directly from individual product or product list.
- Show info message on User Preferences in case there are User Rules that can redefine Default user Printer.
- Added examples to Print Action menu for some typical use cases for Delivery Order and Sales Order printing.
- 1.2.1 (2020-10-07)
- When direct-printing via Print menu, there is popup message informing user about successful printing. Now this message can be disabled via Settings.
- Fixed issue with wrong Delivery Slip printing, after backorder creation.
- 1.2 (2020-07-28)
- Make Printer non-required in "Print action buttons" menu. If not defined, than printer will be selected based on user or company printer setting.
- Added Support for Odoo Enterprise Barcode Interface. Now it is compatible with "Print action buttons" menu.
- "Print action buttons" menu now allows to select filter for records, where reports should be auto-printed. E.g. Print Delivery Slip only for Pickings of Type = Delivery Order.
- 1.1 (2020-07-24)
- Added Support for automatic/manual printing of Shipping Labels. Supporting all Odoo Enterprise included Delivery Carries (FedEx, USPS, UPS, bpost and etc.). Also Supporting all custom carrier integration modules that are written according to Odoo Standards.
- 1.0 (2020-07-20)
- Initial version providing robust integration of Odoo with PrintNode for automatic printing.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.