Using this application, one can convert product(s) with different Unit of Measure efficiently with a click of a button by setting a ratio of conversion for respective product(s) in the product master.
- Convert products between different Unit of Measures
- Works between multiple locations
- Conversion Process made easy
- Stock will be auto-updated for the respective location and lot
- Advantageous for Pharma Based Companies
- Go to 'Product Variants' master under 'Master Data' menu in Inventory Module--> Go to the source product that you want to convert.
- Under 'Conversion' tab, Tag the 'Convertible Product' , UOM will be automatically displayed and Enter the 'Conversion Ratio'.
- Unit of Measure Creation: For example, UOM name = 10kg Category has to be always the same as its parent category. For Type, based on Reference unit of measure(of parent UOM), Ratio & rounding precession is to be configured. Type = Bigger than reference Unit of Measure Ratio = 10 Rounding Precision = 0.01
How it Works
- To find the 'Product Conversion' Menu, Go to --> Inventory --> Under 'Operations' you'll find 'Product Conversion' option.
- Select the product that needs to be converted, Enter the source location. If lot (if Tracking as lot is enabled) for that product is enabled, the field 'Source Lot' will become editable.
- After the above step, The field 'Quantity To Convert' becomes editable, Enter the quantity that you are going to convert.
- Go to 'Conversion Line' Tab --> Only the convertible products tagged in the source product will appear in the drop down.
- Select the Product, UOM & Conversion Ratio for selected product will be fetched & displayed automatically. Enter the quantity that you are going to allocate for the selected product.
The converted quantity will be displayed automatically.
- Conversion Ratio * Allocate Quantity = Converted Quantity
- Choose the destination location and lot (if Tracking as lot is enabled).
- To process the conversion, Click on 'validate'. Note: Respective stock will be reduced from Parent product, converted and reallocated to child products in the quantity required.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.