Custom shortcut icon
This module was written to allow you to customize your Odoo instance’s shortcut icon (aka favicon). This is useful for branding purposes, but also for integrators who have many different Odoo instances running and need to see at a glance which browser tab does what.
The icon is shown also for portal users when the website modules are not installed.
More info about favicon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favicon
Table of contents
Upload your favicon (16x16, 32x32, 64x64 or “as big as possible”) on the company form. The file format would be ico, gif or png with 16x16, 32x32 or 64x64 pixels and 16 colors. Highers resolutions or colors support depends on the used browser, but most modern browsers do.
Note that most browsers cache favicons basically forever, so if you want your icon to show up, you’ll most probably have to delete you browser cache. Some browsers can refresh the favicon, accessing the URL <base_url>/web_favicon/favicon.
You have a sample SVG that can be used as template for generating your icon in /static/src/img/master_original_favicon.svg. You can also search for some favicon generators across the web.
To allow a user to edit the favicon it has to be member of group “Administration / Settings”.
- Allow to upload some big icon (preferrably SVG or the like) and generate all the icons from it
- Generate icons suitable for mobile devices and web apps (see /static/src/img/ folder inside the module for a sample of the possible current formats.
- Put the icon definition at system level, not at company level. It doesn’t make sense (as the icon is cached) to have a different icon per company.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/web project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.