Reconcile payment ordersby Therp BV https://github.com/OCA/account-reconcile , Tecnativa https://github.com/OCA/account-reconcile , Odoo Community Association (OCA) https://github.com/OCA/account-reconcile
|Lines of code||2989|
|Also available in version||v 11.0 v 8.0 v 12.0|
Reconcile payment orders
Payment orders that show up as one big transaction can be difficult for the accounting to handle if a transfer account is used. In this case, we need to reconcile this transaction with possibly hundreds of move lines, which can be a bit tiresome. This module tries to recognize transactions deriving from payment orders and propose the unreconciled move lines from this payment order.
Table of contents
This module requires the module account_payment_order, available in https://github.com/OCA/bank-payment.
- Go to Settings > Users & Companies > Users.
- Give to your user the permission “Show Full Accounting Features”.
- Go to Invoicing > Overview.
- Locate the bank kanban card and import or create a new statement on it.
- When reconciling, it should just work. What the module does is to search for a finished payment order that has the same amount as the statement line. If any, generated move lines (bank or AR/AP ones) are automatically proposed for the reconciliation.
- It would be good to check references too, but bank usually change some characters, so this doesn’t seem to be a general solution.
- Take into account different currencies (in payment order or in bank statement).
- Try to match payment orders resulting entries grouped by due date, instead of a whole, but this will affect performance for sure.
- When the reconcile models end with more inheritable code, implement this as a new type of reconciliation in this model.
- Develop real UI tests, instead of mimicking the call to the involved method.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Holger Brunn
- Pedro M. Baeza
- João Marques
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/account-reconcile project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.