Import / Export
This module allows to track and record logs during the execution of import/export operations.
It could be useful especially during scheduled action, so instead of checking server logs, you could get the information from interface when actions successfully done or understand the main causes when things go wrong through logs.
To be able to track logs of import/export operations, make sure you give access rights to the user by adding him to the rule Smile Logs / User as follow:
- Go to Settings > Users & companies > Users menu and select the user.
- In Access Rights > Others check the rule Smile Logs / User.
- Define an import/export template:
- Choose a model
- Define a method to import/export records
- Define a domain to filter lines to export
- Create actions to generate a new import/export:
- A client action to generate an export on the fly from records list
- A scheduled action to generate periodically a new import/export
Table of contents
If Odoo runs with several servers, with load balancing, you need to set the option hostname inside the configuration file of each server (default: localhost).
If you don't set it, as PID of process created on an host is not visible by the others, at each restart of one of the other host, the import/export process will be marked as Killed.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Corentin Pouhet-Brunerie
- Isabelle Richard
This module is maintained by the Smile SA.
Since 1991 Smile has been a pioneer of technology and also the European expert in open source solutions.
This module is part of the odoo-addons project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.