Control access to Appsby IT-Projects LLC https://twitter.com/OdooFree , Ivan Yelizariev https://twitter.com/OdooFree
|Lines of code||281|
|Also available in version||v 13.0 v 8.0 v 10.0 v 9.0 v 11.0 v 12.0|
Control access to Apps
You can configure administrators which don't have access to the Apps
Tested and maintained by
IT Projects Labs
Need an admin that cannot install apps?
That's what this module is for!
Control access to Apps
- Install this module in a usual way
After the installation of this module by default no one has access to installing modules. To control such permission follow the steps below.
- Open menu [[ Settings ]] >> Users & Companies >> Users, select the user you want to grant the access to
- On Access Rights tab, Other settings group there is an Apps access security category
- Select Allow installing apps - to allow apps installation from everywhere
- Select Allow installing apps only from settings - to allow apps installation only from other module's Configuration >> Settings menu, there is no [[ Apps ]] menu available
- Select blank line - to restrict application installation
- Be sure that you don't test the functionality under the Administrator (superuser with id=1) user - he is immune to any access restriction except of hiding menus or buttons in UI
- If you don't select anything in Apps access: there is no [[ Apps ]] menu - even if your user is in Administration: Settings security group. Also note that you have no ability to include yourself in groups allowing to installing apps - this is what access_restricted module does (access_apps depends on it)
- If you have Allow installing apps selected: there is [[ Apps ]] menu
- If you have Allow installing apps only from settings: from other module's Configuration >> Settings menu, e.g. from [[ Website ]] >> Configuration >> Settings see that you have the ability to check the Digital Content checkbox that actually installs the website_sale_digital module after clicking on [Apply] button.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.