Here is the link for the user manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hI0Zqg4FRirmJl4787b9BNiGCcxBfeX2/view?usp=sharing
Purchase Request module allows to manage the purchase request process of your company:
- Your employees can create a request to buy stuff they need such as a new laptop, 5 grams of A4 paper, 10 cups of tea, â¦
- Your managers can approve or refuse the request. Managers mentioned here are the department manager of the employee (1st approval), the purchase user who is in charge of checking the good price and good vendor (2nd approval), the purchase manager to make the final approval (3rd approval). In case the request exceeds the limit, the finance manager will have to approve (4th approval).
When a purchase request is completely approved, the purchase user will do his job by creating a purchase order to buy the items with the variety of ways:
- Create purchase order(s) from a purchase request
- Create purchase order(s) from many purchase requests
- Create purchase order(s) from many purchase request lines of a purchase request or from the different ones
- Allow the employees to create a purchase request with necessary information like product name, product description, quantity, expected receipt date, etc.
- The system supports the purchase in any currency with the default exchange rate loaded automatically from the exchange rate table defined in accounting module
- The system suggests the latest vendor and lastest purchasing price
- Allow to approve the request up to 4 levels: department manager, purchase user, purchase manager, finance manager. The 4th approval can be configured to be activated when the untaxed amount exceeds the set-up amount.
- Email notification at each approval or refusal
- Allow the purchase user to select the better vendor and the better price
- Allow the purchase user to select & merge purchase request(s) or purchase request line(s) to create purchase order(s)
- Allow all involving users to follow the status of the purchase requests, purchase orders
- Full user roles with proper access rights and record rules
Configure the 4th approval level
Access the menu Purchases > Configuration > Setting and input the amount.
Menu Purchase Requests
Module Purchase Request is designed with 3 main menus:
- Menu Purchase Requests: list all purchase requests
- Menu Purchase Requests: list all purchase requests
- Menu Configuration: to configure the 4th approval level
Purchase Request list view
The list view of purchase requests shows off the overall status of purchase requests: Purchase Request status, Purchase Order Creation status, â¦
Additionally, the search view contains the useful filters like PR statues, PO creation status, or group by like, or searching fields by
Purchase Request form view
The form view contains all necessary information:
- Status bar
- Smart buttons to access to Purchase Request Lines, Purchase Orders
- The main information like Requesters, Department, Buyer, Requested Delivery Date, Scheduled Date offered by the buyer.
- Tab [Request Lines]: contains fully information of purchase request lines: product name, product description, request delivery date (the date the employees want to receive the items), scheduled date (the date the vendor delivers the items), requested qty, qty to purchase (the status of how many items left needed to buy), preferred vendor (the suggested vendor), currency, unit price (in foreign currency), unit price (in company currency), unit of measure, taxes, total, qty in purchase order
- Tab [Currency Rate]: contain the currency rate information
- Tab [Other Information]: contain the information: purchase order status, approval history
Menu Purchase Request Lines
The menu lists all purchase request lines.
The system supports filters, group by to help the purchase user to search for the items to buy quicker and easier:
The form view of purchase request lines supports the details of purchase orders created
Create a Purchase Request
The creation of a purchase request is simple:
- Input the general description of the request
- The details of the request: product name (optional), product description (required), unit of measurement (required), requested qty (required), requested delivery date (required), preferred vendor (optional)
- Press SUBMIT to send the request to the Department Manager
Purchase user selects Vendor for a purchase request
The preferred vendor on each product is suggested automatically by the system based on the purchasing history or the employee can suggest one.
However, when the request is transferred to the purchase user (2nd approval), the purchase user can select an alternative vendor with better price and good delivery date.
Create purchase orders from a purchase request
When a purchase request is completely approved, the purchase user can create a purchase order from this request by accessing the purchase request lines through the smart button on the purchase request, then tick all to create draft purchase orders.
The draft purchase orders will be created for each preferred vendor selected on the request lines.
Tick the purchase request lines you want to create purchase orders:
Input the quantity you want to purchase for each product:
Finally, click on CREATE RFQ/PO
Create purchase orders from many purchase request lines
The purchase user accesses the menu Purchase Request Lines, uses the filter Need to be purchased and input the reference of the purchase requests he wants to process.
Then tick on the lines to create draft purchase orders.
Access purchase orders from a purchase request
A purchase request is associated with many purchase orders. To support quick access to purchase orders, a smart button on the form view of purchase request is designed to do so.
On the other hands, on the purchase order form view, there is also a smart button to get access to the purchase request lines:
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.