PO Dynamic Approval Processby XFanis https://xfanis.dev/odoo.html
• Invoicing (account)
|Lines of code||555|
|Also available in version||v 14.0 v 11.0 v 13.0 v 10.0 v 12.0|
Dynamic, Customizable and Flexible Approval Process for Purchase Orders
This module helps to create multiple custom, flexible and dynamic approval cycle for purchase orders based on purchase team settings.
- Purchase Manager can configure unlimited dynamic approval process rules by creating Purchase Teams
- Approval Cycle can be generated dynamically based on Total Amount of Purchase Order
- Each Approver can be included to PO approval process depending on the settings of the Minimum or Maximum Amount fields
- PO Multiple Approval Process can be used optionally or forcibly, depending on the module settings
- Locking Total Amount of PO after approval from particular approver or after finishing approval route
- Unlimited level of "step by step" approval process
- Multi Company and Multi Currency features of Odoo System are supported
How it works:
After module installation new settings block will be displayed:
- No - approval cycle functionality disabled.
- Optional - PO approval workflow can be used based on initiator (Purchase Representative) choice.
- Required - purchase approval cycle is required. It means user should select PO Team on create RFQ.
Each Administrator of the Purchase Module has access to create and manage own Purchase Team.
The form looks like in the screenshot below:
Enter name of the team, select team leader and add approvers. Optionally you can set Minimum or Maximum Amount for each person.
Also you can enter python expression to define custom condition to include/exclude approver to/from PO approval workflow.
Team Leader is the Purchase Module Administrator who is allowed to manage own purchase team.
If Lock Amount Total checkbox is enabled the system prevents updating order lines after confirming order.
As Approver can be selected any User of the Purchase Module. Also, you should enter Role/Position of the Approver. If information is available, system will try to set approver`s Job Title or Job Position in this field.
The system generates multi-level approval route using Total Amount value of PO and Minimum/Maximum Amount for Approver.
- If Minimum Amount is not set, approver should approve each order.
- If Minimum Amount is set and Total Amount is less than Minimum Amount, then approver will be skipped.
- If Maximum Amount is set and Total Amount is greater than Maximum Amount, then the approver will be skipped.
Also you can enable the option Lock Amount Total. If this checkbox is enabled user can not update order lines after approval. An error will be triggered if the system detects a change in the Total.
Purchase Order Form:
After creating PO user clicks the "Confirm" button. After that a request to approve to the first approver will be sent:
Pending - is the status for current approver
Only current approver can see the "Approve" button:
Each approver will be requested to approve PO step by step. After the last approval PO is moving to the "Purchase Order" state and approval process is closing.
Video: 2 cases of using dynamic PO approval process to purchase PC accessories:
- case 1: purchase order for a small amount
- case 2: purchase order for a large amount
If you want to display detailed dashboard based on all purchase orders, please look that module: Purchase Dashboard
Please note that to send email notifications to approvers an outgoing email server should be configured.
If your Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) supports SRS (Sender Rewriting Scheme), your users can send and receive notification. However, that is more complex and requires more technical knowledge.
Instead, you can install additional module to Replace "Email From" and "Reply To" parameters of outgoing emails.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author or have a question related to your purchase, please use the support page.