Document pages for help
This module knits document_page and help_popup together such that you can write your help texts as document pages. The advantage is that you can use your help texts also as (part of) a functional description of your installation, or the other way around.
To install this module, you need to:
- install help_popup from the web repository
To configure this module, you need to:
- add users to the Documentation writer or Advanced documentation writer group
- if you're so inclined, provide a template in the document category Documentation (added by this module)
Members of the above mentioned groups will have access to the the fields Documentation for and Advanced documentation for on a document page if the page's category is Documentation. In those fields, assign the window action(s) for which the current document page is the (advanced) documentation.
Given you can add multiple document pages as help for the same action (they will be concatenated), you can share writing documentation between multiple people writing about different aspects.
Known issues / Roadmap
- it would be nice to have this refer to actions instead of window actions, but that's more a matter of help_popup
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Holger Brunn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Do not contact contributors directly about help with questions or problems concerning this addon, but use the community mailing list or the appropriate specialized mailinglist for help, and the bug tracker linked in Bug Tracker above for technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.