Fix mail error 553
Module updates 'FROM' field to portal@MYDOMAIN.COM value in order to fix 553 error on a mail service that checks FROM field.
- Customer send email from USER@CUSTOMER.com to info@MYDOMAIN.COM
- odoo accept email and try to send notifcation to related odoo users. E.g to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By default odoo prepare notification email with parameters as follows:
if you mail service provider, e.g. pdd.yandex.ru, doesn't allow emails with a FROM value differ from ...@MYDOMAIN.COM, then you get 553. This is why you need to update FROM value to portal@MYDOMAIN.COM
You can configure default alias at Settings -> System Parameters -> mail.catchall.alias_from
You can configure name for default alias at Settings -> System Parameters -> mail.catchall.name_alias_from
Known issues / Roadmap
The module is consist of redefined send function from mail.mail model. So it is just copy pasted source code with some modification. This function is changed very rarely, but sometime it can happens and the module should be updated. You can check commits for mail_mail.py here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/commits/8.0/addons/mail/mail_mail.py
Tested on Odoo 8.0 d023c079ed86468436f25da613bf486a4a17d625
Please log in to comment on this module
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating.
- This author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.