Point of Sale (point_of_sale)
• Sales Management (sale)
• Online Billing (account_voucher)
• Warehouse Management (stock)
|Also available in version||v 9.0|
POS Restricted Customer List
In the point of sale, many installations work with cash registers with anonymous customers. In that case, loading thousands, or even tens of thousands of customers to each cash register is completely useless, and also a huge danger for leaking privacy sensible data.
This module will limit the download of customer data to only those customers where this has been specifically requested.
The module will add a flag 'available_in_pos' to res.partner. It will override to domain of customers downloaded with pos to only download the partners where this flag has been set.
I see two obvious extensions to the functionality already developed:
- Add back on demand customer lookup (only when online);
- Make customers available to pos, dependent on the pos session or user.
In pos.config or res.users (or both) there could be a selection field
customer_loading with values:
- 'no_one': disable customer loading. (usefull for self service pos, without customer feature)
- 'selection': the feature now implemented. (load only checked customers). (default value).
- 'all': for super cashier, (after sale PoS), etc.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Ronald Portier <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.