External Database Sources
This module allows you to define connections to foreign databases using ODBC, Oracle Client or SQLAlchemy.
No installation required.
Database sources can be configured in Settings > Configuration -> Data sources.
Depending on the database, you need:
- to install unixodbc and python-pyodbc packages to use ODBC connections.
- to install FreeTDS driver (tdsodbc package) and configure it through ODBC toconnect to Microsoft SQL Server.
- to install and configure Oracle Instant Client and cx_Oracle python library to connect to Oracle.
To use this module:
- Go to Settings > Database Structure > Database Sources
- Click on Create to enter the following information:
- Datasource name
- Connector: Choose the database to which you want to connect
- Connection string : Specify how to connect to database
Known issues / Roadmap
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.
Would this Addon lets Odoo to be based 100% on Oracle?
Hello Daniel, Would this Addon lets Odoo to be based 100% on Oracle (with no need for postgres database) OR it is just help accessing other datasources side by side with main core postgres database?