Set Snippet's Anchor
This module extends the functionality of the website editor to support setting an anchor to any section of your web page and allow you to link to them very easily.
Anchors are just the HTML id attribute, which is commonly used to add it to any URL and get directly to the element with that anchor, in the form of http://www.tecnativa.com/#anchor-name.
To add an anchor to any element, you need to:
- Edit any web page.
- Go to Insert blocks > Structure.
- Insert any block in your page.
- Click on the snippet's option Customize > Set anchor.
- Set an anchor. If it is already used, you will be asked to use another.
To link to any page's anchor, you need to:
- Edit any web page.
- Select some text.
- Press Link in the editor toolbar.
- Choose a page in the opened dialog.
- Set an anchor there too.
- Press Save.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Roadmap / Known Issues
- If you try to save a wrong anchor, another dialog is shown, but backdrop disappears.
- We should have a better dialog that explains to user the purpose of anchors and uses HTML5 to validate input, but it is quite hard to achieve until https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/14458 gets fixed.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.